Author Topic: Fond Farewells  (Read 4166 times)

keets

• Sidekick
Re: Fond Farewells
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2015, 01:57:24 AM »
First of all big  :(hug) @kedrie.

Thanks so much for the episode threads, keeping the board alive, re-caps, the gifs, links, images, intelligent thoughtful conversation.

Double big thanks to Meg and Scoobie  :(grouphug)

:(grouphug) to everyone. I'm going to miss this place.

The finale was a beautiful mess. I have to feel good about it, even if I did a lot of eyebrow crunching over the last two and one half seasons. I also deserve at least a runner up award for some of my bitter rants. lol.

Mostly, I'm so happy to have read so many wonderful creative ideas from the members of this board, and shared in conversations about multi varied topics. I've learned so much from all of you and am so grateful.

:(w00t)

sincerely,

keets
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 03:04:28 AM by keets »
Oh how I wish I was a Succubus again!

TexasGlamFan

• Succubus-in-training
  • @texasglamfan
    • Fanfiction.net
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2015, 02:37:04 PM »
We made it!  :(grouphug)

Thanks to everyone who participated here through all the ups and downs of the show over the years. I really enjoyed the in depth discussions, the endless speculations and the humor too. I've laughed and learned. I've had tantrums and thrown things, but in the end I've made some lasting friendships here. This place will always hold fond memories for me.

Doccubus for the win!

Kedrie, you Muppet parallels were the best!

washuai

• Enslaved Human Doctor
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2015, 07:18:58 PM »
Thanks for a great fan site, from MaDS to anon lurkers.  Thank you for your heart, laughs, thoughts,  :(wacko) and dedication.   :(grouphug)
I hope this lives on. Other series still have fan space kicking around for a long time, though the numbers change, some lost and some just discovering the series. In fact I really do hope this forum and I am around, a while from now, when some others are late to the party, because whether I was late, or welcoming someone else, those are some special moments.  This fandom has shown great strength and I don't think that's over.
Definitely a thank you to all the creatives and I really look forward to enjoying a lot of the fan fiction (I'm way behind).  I've still got season 4 & 5 to pick up on Blu Ray (or complete other media, whatever may come).  It may not be priority, but it is a good excuse to rewatch 1 through and come back.

Even if I don't have Syfy, by the time that rolls around, I hope to roll around here, railing over the assured stupidity, even though the show has given them less fodder to raise ire with.

OT:  @Medusa .  Maybe it's just because with the title Lost Girl is such a catch all title for its fans, as in  we are the 'found' lost girls(and boys and more).  What can compare and really embrace the same meaning? 
 It really fits Lost Girl's version Also, I suppose there could be confusion with Lost &\or Peter Pan, if we referred to ourselves as "Lost".  "Found" requires someone to be in on the reference.  Lost Succubi, well that's only one Fae . . The "unaligned" wouldn't easily reference what we were fans of, etc.  Now I want a thread on this discussion topic and if I wasn't busy, should go make one. 
Faens, reminds me how they've neglected humanity these past seasons.

There even managed to be a lean year or two where this show or this place were either the only or in very limited company of happy places.  That's priceless.
Again thanks to everyone who helps make this a safe, positive, intelligent and honest place.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 07:29:04 PM by washuai »

Alex_The_Stressed

• Succubus-in-training
    • FanFiction Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2015, 10:43:15 PM »
We made it to the end. As a Doccubus Army we fought on the front lines of fandom and walked away with the trophies. We raised the ire of many and yet we raised each other up.

When I found this show I had no idea Lauren was even a character nor what her relationship with Bo would come to mean to me and certainly not that I would invest the time I have into the pairing alongside so many others for years to come. There has been wild speculations, consolation after heart breaking scenes and great times with whale throwing.

I probably won't be checking the site much, but I'll try to pay attention to my email - overworkedwitch @ gmail - and twitter - @OverWorkedAlex - more often. Maybe with the series over I'll finally get back to ignoring the canon and writing in my own Doccubus world of fanfiction.

Admin Meg

• The Morrigan
  • Global Moderator
  • Succubus-in-training
    • Doccubus.com
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2015, 03:02:03 PM »
Just wanted to thank all of you for making this place a great community over the past few years. Without your enthusiasm and participation, we would never have had such great and thoughtful discussions (over 54,000 posts and counting!). Hope all of you have enjoyed the site and this board as I have maintaining it.  :(grouphug)

This is not farewell - I'm not shutting down the board anytime soon as long as you guys keep talking!

ILoveMorrigan

• Succubus
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2015, 04:58:40 PM »
Hope all of you have enjoyed the site and this board as I have maintaining it.

Best site on the subject that I know of.

Thanks for all the hard work Meg! :(hug)

This is not farewell - I'm not shutting down the board anytime soon as long as you guys keep talking!

I'm so happy to hear this; I look forward to hearing what the fellow US viewers think when the show airs here. :)
Evony: "And we have dental!"
Twitter - @Raving_Ranter

Kitsune

• Succubus-in-training
  • 私は狐です
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2015, 12:35:13 AM »
Hey everyone! Sorry for being awol all this while. Haha, I didn't even know season 5 part 2 has started and now that I'm back in the forum, it has ended. What a great pleasure being in this wonderful forum.

I've been here since the early days, around the same time as keds. Keds rocks, as always. Thanks for all your contributions to this forum. I enjoy reading your episodes' summaries more than watching the show nowadays, haha.  :(lol)

Thanks to the admins, for creating a safe place for us to discuss about the show.  :(thumb)

Thanks to all the great people who participated (and lurking) in this forum. I miss those google chat days with keds, keets, nic, sam, babydoc, geekn, tgf, sally, and many more. Cheers guys, we've made it to the end, together.  :(grouphug)

Now, I will find a free weekend to binge watch season 5, all 16 episodes. Woo, fun times ahead!  :(hahaha)
Lauren: Wait, wait, wait... Did you, you know, with him?
Bo: Yeah.
Lauren: But he's alive!
Bo: Yeah, I stopped myself.
Bo & Lauren: *HIGHFIVE*

WanderingBo

• Sidekick
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2015, 09:04:22 PM »
Just wanted to thank all of you for making this place a great community over the past few years. Without your enthusiasm and participation, we would never have had such great and thoughtful discussions (over 54,000 posts and counting!). Hope all of you have enjoyed the site and this board as I have maintaining it.  :(grouphug)

Yes! Thank you for not shutting down the forum. Glad to hear it.   Group hugs for everyone:  :(grouphug)

Incubus

• Sidekick
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2016, 03:35:11 PM »
It's not often a show like this has a small effect on how I see the world but seeing how much doccubus meant to many of you and learning about the related issues (especially regarding media representation/tropes/syfy cuts) has opened up my mind on such things even if I didn't always agree on the details. It's been an interesting show to follow.

Shame the show went off the deep end as it went on but it was fun for a while and I'll at least always follow Ksenia's career.

So long and thanks for all the craziness.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 06:54:41 AM by Incubus »