Author Topic: All things Season 5!  (Read 218367 times)

Squish

• Sidekick
Re: All things Season 5!
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 09:47:49 PM »
Bruce hun you gotta try stay positive haha  :(hug)

Baby Yoda

• Succubus-in-training
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 12:38:24 AM »
I want to see Bo travel the world with Lauren

Well, if we are in positive mode, maybe Bo and Lauren will actually travel the world to find the second Helshoe ^^
It would be an opportunity  :(1hmm)
>>> I like frying pan and whales  ¬_¬  #TeamStillBelieve #IWillNeverGiveUpOnDoccubus #FreedomToLove

Cleo527

• The Blood King
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 12:47:27 AM »
Sounds lovely, but too expensive for this show.

Baby Yoda

• Succubus-in-training
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 12:50:02 AM »

They can travel to the other side of the town...
If Vallhala could be in the corner of a street....
A place with sand could be it too xD lol

I still have hope, it's like sugar in the coffee
>>> I like frying pan and whales  ¬_¬  #TeamStillBelieve #IWillNeverGiveUpOnDoccubus #FreedomToLove

mangababe

• Succubus-in-training
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2014, 01:56:37 AM »

It doesn't have to cost a lot...this is what I do...BUT, you have to have someone knowledgable planning the shots to make them affordable. Yes, we can "fix it in post" but it ain't cheap.  >:D
A zombie apocalypse is no excuse for abandoning good manners and proper etiquette.

swarm00

• Succubus
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2014, 02:22:16 AM »

It doesn't have to cost a lot...this is what I do...BUT, you have to have someone knowledgable planning the shots to make them affordable. Yes, we can "fix it in post" but it ain't cheap.  >:D

If Agents of Shield can get away with filming in Chinatown LA to be Hong Kong - I'm sure LG can come up with creative ways.

Alex_The_Stressed

• Succubus-in-training
    • FanFiction Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2014, 09:10:49 AM »

If Agents of Shield can get away with filming in Chinatown LA to be Hong Kong - I'm sure LG can come up with creative ways.

Joss Whedon though has mastered having a crap budget for his shows and those that work with him really know how make each dollar spot on locations count. I've never got the impression anyone at LG has figured out that there are options for shooting some place besides the Dal and crack shack that they could afford otherwise Valhalla wouldn't be in an alleyway a mile from the Dal. :(lol)

mtrapp

• Pod Girl
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2014, 09:24:50 AM »
you guys think the show will be picked up for Season 5? Not sure how the ratings are so far.

Alex_The_Stressed

• Succubus-in-training
    • FanFiction Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2014, 09:33:59 AM »
It seems like they got a Season 5, even if they haven't announced it.

I don't think they would have rewrote certain parts of the finale to be that unresolved if someone hadn't made promises of another season.

glitznglamourd

• Enslaved Human Doctor
  • "You take my breath away.”
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2014, 11:32:42 AM »
I'm just so pissed that they left us hanging for a whole extra year. I've got to direct my energy into something else because I am going to go mad with frustration. Opening scene of season 5 better be one to put all over lesbian sex scenes, not on HBO, to shame. Making it to season five on hopes and dreams.
“There was this one gross guy with a magic stick . . .”

mangababe

• Succubus-in-training
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2014, 04:14:00 PM »

Joss Whedon though has mastered having a crap budget for his shows and those that work with him really know how make each dollar spot on locations count. I've never got the impression anyone at LG has figured out that there are options for shooting some place besides the Dal and crack shack that they could afford otherwise Valhalla wouldn't be in an alleyway a mile from the Dal. :(lol)

After 4 seasons, my impression is that somewhere in the production it's thought that CGI and VFX are too expensive, so they minimize the amount they use.  Which it seems to me, leads to the quality of CGI work we've seen when they do have the itch to do something special.  Strictly speaking as someone who has done some pretty crazy things with the crappiest footage - the biggest investment is TIME.  If you take the time to do pre-production planning for VFX, it can be done within budget.   However, that's not a skill or mindset that can be taught, it has to be learned.

And speaking of Valhalla....has anyone figured out what the runes spray painted on that wall of graffiti say? 

I actually thought the morph from the gate of Valhalla to the graffiti'd alley wall was a pretty neat trick, definitely one of their better digital effects. The only thing I would have added was some sort of complex distortion or warp to the edges of the image so that it looked like a portal in time/space.
A zombie apocalypse is no excuse for abandoning good manners and proper etiquette.

Baby Doc

• Succubus
  • Wandering
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2014, 07:13:23 PM »
On the note of what we expect to see, I really want to know if Dyson's friend, "Angel" is male or female because all he has are man-bros. I definitely think that looking for the other helskor will involve the Angel character because s/he has the other shoe.

Also curious about the whole Levony thing. If they're gonna be the new Team Human.

Eh, Bo's issues? I could kinda care less right now. Although, I'm excited over magical ponies.
“Before you act, listen.  / Before you react, think. / Before you spend, earn. / Before you criticize, wait. / Before you pray, forgive. / Before you quit, try.”  -William Arthur Ward

Peace Maker Single Action

• Pod Girl
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2014, 03:11:08 AM »
There are so many things that I wish for the show to do!!!!  ;D

But if I had it my way season five would be the last season. lol

The safest wish/want/need that will not leave me disappointed is for there to be more fighting scenes. No more fights off screen, if your paying stuntmen and women you might as well put them to use. Most importantly, if you wish for a movie down the line there needs to be more action!!
Without feelings of respect, what is there to distinguish men from beasts?

Baby Yoda

• Succubus-in-training
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2014, 04:22:28 AM »
 :(1hmm) So, there's new

Regard Magazine featuring Anna Silk (by Regard Magazine)
"Wrapped season 4. Season 4 is airing right now. We are coming back for season 5 which is still a secret so you can’t tell anyone. So yes, to the best of my knowledge, we are coming back for season 5…" - Anna Silk BTS of Regard Magazine
EDIT: Looks like they deleted the video but the quote above is what Anna said about season 5. Oops. source

So, season 5 is coming, but it's still a secret but we all know, but it's a secret  :(o_O)
It's pretty clear, Anna Silk and LG speak the Doccubus language.. (= we all know but nothing is said xD)  :(suspicious)

WorkInProgress

• Insatiably Curious Human Dr.
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2014, 09:21:57 AM »
My dreams/wishes/hopes for season 5 in no particular order:
1.  Kenzi is brought back.  She is confident and full of snark.
2.  No Wolfpants or threesome stuff.  Please.  Pretty please. 
3.  Bo and Lauren have a talk and not a talk that lasts for 25 seconds, an honest to goodness talk.  I would like it if Bo and Lauren actually talked like Bo and Dyson seem to do every other episode.
4.  Bo kicks ass and is the actual boss of the gang.
5.  Lauren learns how to defend herself from Bo so she doesn't have to hide out or be relegated to watching people.
6.  More confident Lauren.  No stupid Lauren.
7.  Bo and Lauren couple time.
8.  We get some answers to 10 questions.
9.  Dyson is less emo.  Trick actually tells Bo stuff that she needs to know. 
10.  The gang all works together, each contributing their own gifts to overcoming an obstacle.
11.  We see lots of human Evony, but she isn't turned into an angel.