Author Topic: Episode Discussion S4:E7--La Fae Époque  (Read 35628 times)

keds

• The Blood King
  • Torment-- I haz your #.
    • Skyfyreit
Episode Discussion S4:E7--La Fae Époque
« on: December 22, 2013, 03:50:59 AM »

Written by:  Michael Grassi
Directed by:  Steve DiMarco

Bo and Lauren team up to venture into Dyson’s memory when he's on trial for a murder.

Episode Related Articles, Reviews, and Recaps

Showcase Blog 4.07

The Loop With Andras 4.07                         No White Noise on 4.07
Drinks at the Dal Ep.33 La Fae Epoque      Bitch Stole My Remote 4.07
We are Unaligned 4.07                               The Mind Reels 4.07
Ace of Flamingos The Fae We Were
Mehlsbells on 4.07
Snarker's Recap on 4.07
SheWired 4.07 Faeception

ScreenCaps

Tracklist

“Alt Kabaret” – APM Music LLC
“Adieu L’Amant” – APM Music LLC
“Paris A Domain” – APM Music LLC
“Club Berlin” – APM Music LLC
“Cabaret Piano” – APM Music LLC
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:02:01 AM by keds »

lobobo

• Sidekick
Re: Episode Discussion S4:E7--La Fae Époque
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 11:14:48 PM »
My first thoughts….Lost Girl meets Inception!

Zoie singing in French!!!!
Bo and her projection of Lauren having sex!
Bo bringing Lauren back from the dreamworld with a kiss!  True loves kiss!!!  :(hug)

Bo and Dysons conversation at the end in front of Lauren a bit creepy I have to say…

Off to rewatch this ep.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 11:17:14 PM by lobobo »

RH

• Succubus-in-training
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 11:40:01 PM »
I absolutely loved this episode. ZP singing in French, Bo & Lauren flirting, Lauren waking up to Bo kissing her (kinda sleeping beauty to me) it goes on. I was worried that Bo was going to cut Laurens string but thankfully Lauren thought ahead. The one thing I could have done without was the sex scene. Wolfpants in any shape or form I can do without. I dont think for one second that the Dyson/Flora parallels Lauren/Bo which Im sure will be an argument in this episode. Dyson/Flora might not have loved each other but the signs are there for Bo & Lauren really loving each other. Mainly that Bos subconscious projected Flora as Lauren that to me is significant.

In regards to the last scene Bo looked pissed more than anything else about the secrets Dyson & Trick are keeping. Dyson may have forgotten which I dont buy since he had no problem relaying the rest of the memory to Kenzi but whether or not he truly forgot I dont think Bo really cares one way or another. Dyson went on about Bo being inside him (or something like that) and Bo didnt seem to into it

keds

• The Blood King
    • Skyfyreit
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 11:53:51 PM »
I need a rewatch, my link was like 2 inches wide and poorly lit.  There's more in this episode than the surface, but the surface really was a huge turn off in certain ways.  Having ZP with fun things to do as different characters is probably a total acting plus, but I get concerned sometimes for character development beyond all the unspoken stuff.    So much fluff, no keycode to understand the fluff and separating it from the deep.

Uh,  Here's some fluff...

Nice fluff.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 11:59:43 PM by kedrie »

keds

• The Blood King
    • Skyfyreit
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 12:00:53 AM »
And your lovely fanservice gifs.

source
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 12:03:30 AM by kedrie »

brashsculptor

• Succubus-in-training
  • Hi! What's your safeword?
    • My DA page of props
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 12:14:33 AM »
For the love of whatever you believe in, please DO NOT post pics of naked Dyson boning Lauren. I beg you.  :(wallbash)
I don't have an accent; I'm from England. This is just how words sound when they're pronounced properly.

swarm00

• Succubus
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 12:18:26 AM »
writers are really putting every crackship in this season. next will be tamsin...

i liked ZP in it, but this ep in particularly i didn't really like...

was bo getting turned on watching lauren/dyson? that's....  :-X

though i can see why ZP likes this ep. she actually go to do things! and kick bo/dyson's ass.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 12:20:34 AM by swarm012 »

bruceleestyle

• Succubus-in-training
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 12:22:45 AM »
Should I be afrais to watch this eppy? Or fearful?
The key to immortality is living a life worth remembering- Bruce lee

swarm00

• Succubus
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 12:24:43 AM »
Should I be afrais to watch this eppy? Or fearful?

Ehhh...it has good moments. Seemed like a filler episode for the most part, except some revelations about the una men. Just to reinforce that yes, they are actually evil and not just "fascist".

My favorite moment...Bo involuntarily leaving and saying "No, Flor slash Lauren isn't done singing yet...in French!"

To any French or French speaking people out there, how was ZP's French?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 12:27:42 AM by swarm012 »

bruceleestyle

• Succubus-in-training
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 12:27:18 AM »
So what ive heard Dyson had to get in onto the bo and 'lauren' scene, how...........nice
He really does get to have all the sexy bits. Faes gift to women and such a noble hero!!
Dybo sex
Dybo/'lauren' sex
How is this NOT upsetting?!?!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 12:29:00 AM by bruceleestyle »

swarm00

• Succubus
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 12:28:35 AM »
So what ive heard Dyson had to get in onto the bo and 'lauren' scene, how...........nice
He really does get to have all the sexy bits.

Yea...that....I'm trying to block out... Technically it was a Dyson/Flor scene...but... there are naked bits with Lauren/Dyson... :(wallbash)

bruceleestyle

• Succubus-in-training
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 12:30:27 AM »
Omfg really??? Dyson/Lauren  :(wallbash) :(wallbash)
Thats not fucking right at all!!!!!!pls do not tell me bo was watching them and getting turned on!
I dunno if im saying this right....but was bo in the moment/scene with Lauren in her mind?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 12:33:14 AM by bruceleestyle »

keds

• The Blood King
    • Skyfyreit
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 12:31:20 AM »
My biggest issue is this.

Yes, Bo was projecting and Flora wore Lauren's image...nothing was actually as it "was".  However that mirror image of Dyson fucking Lauren really sets my teeth on edge as a lesbian viewer.  Not only do we have to put up with Dyson loving Bo, but now we have Dyson fucking Lauren.  Granted that's not "what it was" but it's "what we got to watch" in amongst Bo's face.

If you were to bend this story around, there's no way ever they'd have Dyson being screwed by a dude in an AU plot to further nothing but "fanservice".  It's their story, but it's insulting and rather awful to have to endure if you care one iota above and beyond the surface.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 12:34:19 AM by kedrie »

swarm00

• Succubus
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013, 12:33:06 AM »
My biggest issue is this.

Yes, Bo was projecting and Flora wore Lauren's image...nothing was actually as it "was".  However that mirror image of Dyson fucking Lauren really sets my teeth on edge as a lesbian viewer.  Not only do we have to put up with dealing with Dyson loving Bo, but now we have Dyson fucking Lauren.  Granted that's not "what it was" but it's "what we got to watch" in amongst Bo's face.

If you were to bend this story around, there's no way ever they'd have Dyson being screwed by a dude in an AU plot to further nothing but "fanservice".  It's their story, but it's insulting and rather awful to have to endure.

Agreed. It was very insulting to have the lesbian character also submit to Dyson's manliness. It wasn't intended that way, it was probably in jest of all the ship wars - but they shouldn't have shown that mirror image. It was unnecessary and I'm offended that they would do that just for kicks.

On another note, I really liked Bo's wardrobe at the end of the episode.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 12:39:30 AM by swarm012 »

Jared

• Sidekick
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2013, 12:40:41 AM »
UGH Lauren and DYson. Please, not. Don't put my baby Lauren with that wolf. And Lauren saving the day, she saved Dyson and Bo. But for the succubus is more important her intimate experience with Dyson not Lauren. Seriously, the doc deserves better.