Author Topic: Episode Discussion S4:E4-- Turn To Stone  (Read 24868 times)

keds

• The Blood King
  • Torment-- I haz your #.
    • Skyfyreit
Episode Discussion S4:E4-- Turn To Stone
« on: December 01, 2013, 09:38:49 AM »
Episode Discussion S4:E4-- Turn To Stone

Written by:  Michael Grassi
Directed by: Paolo Barzman

Turn To Stone

When the Clubhouse is robbed, Kenzi's forced to make a confession that could threaten her friendship with Bo. Meanwhile, an angry and frustrated Bo does the unthinkable - she confronts a dangerous foe and makes a shocking discovery.

Episode Articles, Recaps, and Reviews

ShowCase Blog 4.04

Doccubus.com Quick Recap            IMBd Thread on 4.04
The Loop with Andras on 4.04       Mahlers 5th and Valksy on 4.04
Mehlsbells on 4.04                         Snarker's Review 4.04
SpoilerTV 4.04                                HuffPost.CA on 4.04
Mind Reels on 4.04                         No White Noise on 4.04
We Are Unaligned 4.04                  Ace of Flamingos 4.04
SheWired on 4.04

ScreenCaps

TrackList

“Baby I Call Hell” – Deap Vally
“Bounce 2 This” – Evron
“If We’re Wrong” – Justin Hines
“Cruise Low” – Thunderheist
“Wannabe” – Spice Girls
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:06:51 AM by keds »

keds

• The Blood King
    • Skyfyreit
Re: Episode Discussion S4:E4-- Turn To Stone
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 11:03:18 PM »
Holy God.  Despite Bo being a dipshit asshat and screwing Dyson on the boxing ring floor, that was THE best episode I've seen in a long time.

1) Lauren tells off her captors.
2) Done with light fae bullshit.
3) UNLOCKS HER HANDCUFFS and flips them the bird (well I wished that last part)
4) Lauren is Atoning for her life, just like the succubus.   WHAT A BACKSTORY!

Thank you Michael Grassi.  Thank you and your crazy crazy team cohort of writers.  That was worth waiting for.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 11:06:20 PM by kedrie »

ZPLover

• Insatiably Curious Human Dr.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 11:13:35 PM »
Lauren:

"For giving me the freedom to love.. and I do"

OMG.. I just died.   :(cry1)

No seriously..  get the defib.

lobobo

• Sidekick
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 11:16:30 PM »
UGH that line.  It's fantastic.

I'm sort of dying here….   :(w00t)

RH

• Succubus-in-training
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 11:18:44 PM »
I loved this episode. I love Bo like this. I loved Laurens new attitude. I love Laurens backstory & how it a story of atonement for past misdeeds. I loved it when Lauren unlocks her handcuffs. Best part though "For giving me the freedom to love, and I do" best line of the series. The reunion will be amazing I got a feeling.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 11:21:38 PM by RH »

nic

• Succubus
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 11:39:06 PM »
Will watch tomorrow morning but from what I understand 2 wtf things:

1) safety bang was a spy bang get it people

2) dybo has from now on an epic and tragic angle like doccubus. Forbidden love dark-light. Doccubus resonance was too strong so lets repair that.

I'm upset. Having enough shit in RL not sure I can take it in this show.

keds

• The Blood King
    • Skyfyreit
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 11:42:23 PM »
No seriously Nic, watch the episode.  It's not perfect.  But it had all the right tones.  Lauren is done.  She's hit her bottom and has had it with the BS.  God, that scene was killer.  She left something in her apt that Bo found that was meant for Bo, and it really got the succubus right in the feels.

Just.. watch it.

Dyson might not be setup for an "epic" fall because lord knows they would NEVER do that to their #2, but he's not the puzzle piece.  Lauren is.

lobobo

• Sidekick
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 11:42:58 PM »
Lauren has a brother!!! :egyptian:

keds

• The Blood King
    • Skyfyreit

LostGirls

• Enslaved Human Doctor
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 11:50:31 PM »
i don't understand what was so great about this episode. Bo showed No feeling for Lauren. she didnt care if she was safe or not. lauren couldve been getting tortured, whipped or raped and Bo was all bout her hurt feelings, fucking dyson and telling tamsin how she "never hated her, she thought she was incredible"

So what she felt something in one damn scene. ONE> it didn't make her even THINK about going to look for Lauren. and you know why. Because she doesn't care. She showed more feeling for Tamsin than Lauren or her saftey.

I'm done with this show and Doccubus. Lauren deserves better.

brashsculptor

• Succubus-in-training
  • Hi! What's your safeword?
    • My DA page of props
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2013, 11:54:01 PM »
LostGirls, I share your pain. And your solution.
I don't have an accent; I'm from England. This is just how words sound when they're pronounced properly.

keds

• The Blood King
    • Skyfyreit
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 11:58:34 PM »
ok so let me explain my joy.

Bo is going dark.  Its not just the Una Mens declaring she's dark, she's literally sliding down that slope we thought would happen last year.  She's USING Dyson.  Out of anger, frustration, and selfish need.  It's blatant.  She's pissed at Kenzi for her trust loss, she's upset Lauren's gone but not doing much about it.  But then there's this moment, when she's doubting everything and she finds something Lauren left in the drawer for her.  And it moves Bo.  There's an emotional resonance.

I'm thrilled with this episode not because of disconnect from Bo and Lauren  but because FINALLY FINALLY Lauren is standing on her two feet.  She's done.  She's not going to be a pawn to anyone anymore.  She exposed a past concerning atonement.  She killed people in a pipebomb explosion because she trusted her brother wrongfully and it probably wound up turning her into the altrustic doctor she is currently.  It parallels Bo so beautifully, I want to cry about it.

Dyson is not being transparent, he's still hiding secrets from Bo.  And it's glaring. 

It's huge movement.  It will get darker before it gets better but this is the PLOT I've been dying for for 2 years now.  I'm so happy I could almost choke on the happy juice.

Kate Gillian

• Fae Food
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 11:58:49 PM »
i don't understand what was so great about this episode. Bo showed No feeling for Lauren. she didnt care if she was safe or not. lauren couldve been getting tortured, whipped or raped and Bo was all bout her hurt feelings, fucking dyson and telling tamsin how she "never hated her, she thought she was incredible"

So what she felt something in one damn scene. ONE> it didn't make her even THINK about going to look for Lauren. and you know why. Because she doesn't care. She showed more feeling for Tamsin than Lauren or her saftey.

i dont`t see this way. bo is in the dark. dyson doesn`t discuss lauren`s disappearance and the fact she is in danger with bo. only kenzi knows. i think bo is going to be pissed when she finds. and that collar and message thing for bo was touching!

RH

• Succubus-in-training
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 12:05:54 AM »

i dont`t see this way. bo is in the dark. dyson doesn`t discuss lauren`s disappearance and the fact she is in danger with bo. only kenzi knows. i think bo is going to be pissed when she finds. and that collar and message thing for bo was touching!
I agree with Kate here. Bo knows Lauren is in danger but thinks Dyson is on top of it ensuring she stays safe. She doesnt know that Dyson has no idea where she is.

bruceleestyle

• Succubus-in-training
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 12:06:01 AM »
Why do ppl keep saying that AS fave eppy was 4? I read in an interview she did that its eppy 13.
How is Lauren the key?  The puzzle piece? Im kinda lost here.
The key to immortality is living a life worth remembering- Bruce lee