Author Topic: Episode Discussion S4:E2--Sleeping Beauty School  (Read 33347 times)

keds

• The Blood King
  • Torment-- I haz your #.
    • Skyfyreit
Episode Discussion S4:E2--Sleeping Beauty School
« on: November 16, 2013, 02:11:12 PM »
Episode Discussion S4:E2--Sleeping Beauty School

Written by:  Alexandra Zarowny
Directed by: Steve DiMarco

Sleeping Beauty School
Dyson seeks out an elemental Fae to rescue someone he loves. Meanwhile, Kenzi’s stuck on babysitting duty – but her unlikely charge might be the key to cracking the case.

Episode Related Articles, Reviews and Recaps

Showcase Blog 4.02 

Doccubus.com Quick Recap
Spoiler TV.  What Did you Think of 4.02?                  Shewired on 4.02
TV Guide The Loop with Emily Andras on 4.02          Valksy and Mahlers5th on 4.02
MehlsBells on 4.02                                                   IMDb 4.02 Discussion Thread
The Mind Reels on 4.02                                            Coollado Review on 4.02
HuffPost.CA on 4.02                                                 Snarker's Recap
Spoiler TV Recap 4.02                                              AV Club on S4 Episodes 1 and 2 US AIRING
AceofFlamingos on 4.02                                           The Trades on 4.02 US AIRING
Hollywood.Com on 4.02 US AIRING
Io9 on 4.02 Cosmic Trains and Domestic Violence US AIRING

ScreenCaps

Tracklist

“She’s a Goddess” – Rick Howland
“This One’s For You” – APM Music LLC
“Dusk In Delphi” - APM Music LLC
“Dancing With the Devil” – Life Bitter Soul Ft. Diana Studenberg
“Country Girl At Heart” – APM Music LLC
“Comin’ Back to You” – APM Music LLC
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:09:23 AM by keds »

brashsculptor

• Succubus-in-training
  • Hi! What's your safeword?
    • My DA page of props
Re: Episode Discussion S4:E2--Sleeping Beauty School
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 11:33:04 PM »
I am surprised at my ability to be so underwhelmed each week. I used to LOVE this show. Now, I ask myself "Why?" after each episode.
WTF just happened?
Why does any of it matter to the overall narrative?
How many shots did the writers do BEFORE sitting down to write?
I don't have an accent; I'm from England. This is just how words sound when they're pronounced properly.

keets

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 11:45:37 PM »
I can't watch until later brash.  Can you give us a brief re-cap of sorts so we know what the hell happened? Please?

swarm00

• Succubus
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 11:51:32 PM »
I am surprised at my ability to be so underwhelmed each week. I used to LOVE this show. Now, I ask myself "Why?" after each episode.
WTF just happened?
Why does any of it matter to the overall narrative?
How many shots did the writers do BEFORE sitting down to write?

Sigh. I agree, I'm  not even hoping for them to setup anything anymore, with only 11 ep. left in the season, I'm not convinced that they will be able to bring the story back. I guess the only silver lining was Crystal & Lauren in this..-_-

Kitsune

• Succubus-in-training
  • 私は狐です
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 11:53:52 PM »
I can't watch until later brash.  Can you give us a brief re-cap of sorts so we know what the hell happened? Please?

Basically, it's a merry go-round, except it's not merry, and the story didn't go anywhere.

I pasted the liveblog, read from bottom. Credit to Meg (thanks Meg!)  ;)

11:59 

End of ep

11:58 

Bo succubuses the French maid until she passes out. Opens train door and jumps into the void.

11:58 

Lauren introduces herself as Lauren. Ali says it's nice to meet her.

11:57 

Lauren trying to get rid of the video of the Fae that Ali took. Explains that people are looking for her. Ali deletes the vid for Lauren's sake. Lauren hugs her out of relief.

11:57 

Lauren drinking with Ali. Ali goes to the bathroom. Lauren tries to look thru Ali's phone and gets caught.

11:56 

Back at the clubhouse, Kenzi is talking to Massimo on the phone to get more Fae cream.

11:53 

Clio tells Dyson that she will find his succubus. The train is approaching. Clio is scared and says it's a death train. They are standing on the tracks waiting for the train to him them. They disappear into thin air. Commercials.

11:52 

Vex is apparently working with Clio. Tells Clio that Bo must be alive at all costs and CLio promises him. They agree on a deal.

11:51 

Dyson says she is smart and resourceful and that Lauren will do whatever she needs to do on her own. Lauren tells Dyson to take care of her.

LAuren calls Dyson. Says she wants to come home. Dyson says they are still looking for her and that she is not safe.

Clio slots the Wanderer card into the machine to get the process started.

11:50 

Kenzi wants to go but Dyson tells her to stay at the clubhouse. Clio and Dyson go off.

11:49 

The man is just run over by a train. Clio says that they will need a train ticket for the one they are trying to catch at 8:15 pm.

11:47 

The man accuses Clio of being an identity thief.

11:46 

Dyson and Eddy continue to look for Bo. Clio comes out of nowhere and declares that she is the real Eddy.

11:41 

They are interrupted by a screaming Tamsin, who is a teen now.

11:40 

Kenzi kisses him. And pulls back and says it's weird.

But then they comtinue to make out.. on the table.

11:40 

Kenzi can't stop asking Hale about Bo. Hale confesses that he likes Kenzi.

11:39 

Hale presents Kenzi with a bunch of flowers. Kenzi is so happy and thought the flowers would be great for Bo

11:39 

Hale is practising his big speech to Kenzi at the Clubhouse.

11:38 

Dyson is with Eddy.. talking about Bo. Clio's character appears for a sec. They are looking for another plane.

11:37 

She grabs a knife and slices open his throat. There is some creature stuck in his throat. LAuren asks he is some kind of Fae. He nodded.

11:36 

Amber calls herself an egocentric jerk. Ali tells her not to be hard on herself. Customer is choking and Lauren does the Heimlich on him. She knows how to treat him.

11:36 

Amber is serving a customer. Sits by Ali and says how she puts up with some customers (he slapped her ass). Ali is a bit miffed by Amber's rejection earlier.

11:35 

Dyson tells Hale to tell Kenzi how he feels

Dyson says Bo is in love wiht Lauren. He knows but he still wants to fight for her.

11:34 

Hale and Dyson walking along with Eddy. Dyson tries to convince him to help Bo. Eddy ddin't want to help once he saw the Wanderer card.

Dyson says Bo loves with all her being and he can't do anything without her.

11:30 

Bo is in a nightgown and tries to get out of the train. A woman in a French maid costume comes in and says Bo is waking him. Bo succubuses her to get more info. She says Bo is the one. Bo has made him angry and it's all her fault. Commercials.

11:29 

Eddy wakes up and agrees to help.

11:28 

Dyson finds the man who can traverse planes but he is asleep. There is a woman there who can wake him if she kisses him. Dyson forces her to kiss him. The man wakes up.

11:26 

Invites Amber for a drink tonight after closing. Amber says she can't.

Ali L's character, her boss, says she's never waited a table in her life even tho her resume says otherwise.  She is hitting on "Amber".

At the bar, Lauren drops everything onto the floor.

11:25 

Kenzi and Tamsin are at the Clubhouse.. Tamsin took the Wanderer card out of the pail in Bo's room and it ended up burning her.

11:24 

Dyson and Hale go back to Selene's salon and accused Clio of lying to them.

Apparently, Clio was "leading" them to Endymion but actually sent them to the Astomi to get their memories wiped.

Now Dyson and Hale are surrounded by Clio's gang.

11:19 

Hale and Dyson visit some guru who can read the writing that Mia K's character wrote on his hand. She gives him a tube that will give them what they need.

11:17 

Kenzi shows her the 'magic tricks' that the Fae cream does.

11:17 

This Tamsin is just a handful.

Tamsin flushes the cream that Kenzi has been using to give herself Fae powers.

11:16 

Kid Tamsin asks if Kenzi has a boyfriend. K says 'yes' but they are broken up.  Tamsin grills her about Hale, what's a condom, etc.

11:15 

Vex pleads for his life and says he will give them "her" as the camera pans over "The unaligned succubus" and "human docotor". Not really sure whom he meant.

Kenzi and Hale investigating at Selene's and encounter Mia K's nymph character.

11:12 

Vex is chained and being tortured. His captors want to know what he did with the Morrigan. Vex swears that the Morrigan is alive.

11:11 

Trick says there's only one person who can transverse these planes.  They need to find that person's ex, Selene.

11:11 

Trick says Bo must never find out. Dyson says Bo must never find out a lot of things.

11:10 

Dyson wants to know what happened wiht Trick. Why he has blood on his arm. Trick relates his encounter with Aife.

11:06 

She appears to be in a train that's going through some black hole...

Bo wakes up in a bed somewhere..says everything is moving.

Trick tells them to be quiet and says that according to the compass, she is no longer on this physical plane.

11:05 

Trick is assembling a few things to try to find Bo.

Kenzi doesn't want to babysit Tamsin. Tries to leave but Dyson won't let her. Dyson says he and Hale will find Bo.

11:05 

Trick joins them at the Clubhouse. Says they need the compass.. might help to find Bo.

11:04 

At the bar, Redhead Lauren is trying to call someone but hangs up when Ali Liebert's character approaches her and asks if she needs anything. Lauren is frustrated and says she doesn't and walks off.

11:03 

K and D want to ask Tamsin what she knows b/c Tamsin was the last person to see Bo. Kid Tamsin is full of attittude and walks off.

11:02 

Kenzi is desperate to hear from Dyson that they ahve a lead. Dyson shows Kenzi the blonde kid. Dyson figured out that it's Tamsin.

11:02 

Dyson approaches her and they discuss their search for Bo. No progress so far.

11:01 

Kenzi at home, in Bo's bedroom, pretending to talk to her.

11:00 

Dyson walks around the bushes investigating. He finds someone hiding in the trees. It's a blonde child (presumably Tamsin). opening credits

11:00 

Dyson is back at the crash site, looking around and flashing back to Tamsin and him driving off the cliff.

10:59 

Trick is trying to communicate with Bo. They remember her now and need her back. He asks her where she is.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 11:55:33 PM by Kitsune »
Lauren: Wait, wait, wait... Did you, you know, with him?
Bo: Yeah.
Lauren: But he's alive!
Bo: Yeah, I stopped myself.
Bo & Lauren: *HIGHFIVE*

Admin Meg

• The Morrigan
  • Global Moderator
  • Succubus-in-training
    • Doccubus.com
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 11:57:04 PM »
Basically, it's a merry go-round, except it's not merry, and the story didn't go anywhere.

LOL. :(lol)
Carry on.

keds

• The Blood King
  • Torment-- I haz your #.
    • Skyfyreit
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 11:57:35 PM »
Dyson finds Tamsin as a child.  Brings her back to the clubhouse.
Kenzi babysits child Tamsin.

Dyson professes his love a million times for Bo.  Will "fight" for Bo, knowing Bo loves Lauren.  Wants her needs her, his life is empty without her.

Lauren is at a diner getting sexually harrassed.  Takes it.  Ali Liebert flirts with her.  Some dude chokes, Lauren saves his ass, he winds up being fae.

Vex tortured, gives up Lauren to be freed from the Una Mens (two lady Una Mens btw).

Bo's on a train trying to remember.  Dyson finds Mia and they go on a train hunt.  Dyson says to Kenzi NO STAY THERE!  ILL SAVE HER....  Kenzi stays put with Tamsin in the Clubhouse.

Lauren calls DYSON says she wants to come home.  Dyson says no, there's bad peeps looking for you.  Says he can't help her, he's too busy saving the woman he loves.  Lauren says take care of her.

Vex and Mia are on-screened in cahoots.  They must protect Bo at all costs....

Later.Dyson jumps on the train after an altercation with Mia and someone else.  Bo jumps off the train.

THE END.

Heavy heavy Dyson story once more.  All the women obey him.

keets

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 12:02:20 AM »

LOL. :(lol)
Carry on.

Thank you kitsune and Meg. And kedrie  :(thumb)

Sounds like it was the he man wolf show again.  ::) When are they going to learn that Mr. Wolf is a snooze to watch. :(shakehead) :(shakehead) :(shakehead)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 12:05:01 AM by keets »

swarm00

• Succubus
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 12:03:13 AM »
Dyson finds Tamsin as a child.  Brings her back to the clubhouse.
Kenzi babysits child Tamsin.

Dyson professes his love a million times for Bo.  Will "fight" for Bo, knowing Bo loves Lauren.  Wants her needs her, his life is empty without her.

Lauren is at a diner getting sexually harrassed.  Takes it.  Ali Liebert flirts with her.  Some dude chokes, Lauren saves his ass, he winds up being fae.

Vex tortured, gives up Lauren to be freed from the Una Mens (two lady Una Mens btw).

Bo's on a train trying to remember.  Dyson finds Mia and they go on a train hunt.  Dyson says to Kenzi NO STAY THERE!  ILL SAVE HER....  Kenzi stays put with Tamsin in the Clubhouse.

Lauren calls DYSON says she wants to come home.  Dyson says no, there's bad peeps looking for you.  Says he can't help her, he's too busy saving the woman he loves.  Lauren says take care of her.

Vex and Mia are on-screened in cahoots.  They must protect Bo at all costs....

Later.Dyson jumps on the train after an altercation with Mia and someone else.  Bo jumps off the train.

THE END.

Heavy heavy Dyson story once more.  All the women obey him.

Can this be sent to showcase/LG writers?

Seriously, well Dybots should LOVE this episode. Goes nowhere, Dyson gets to be the hero. Lauren stays put cause Dyson told her to do so, he'll save Bo, he'll take care of her, he'll keep her safe, he loves her more than Lauren, but it's okay - cause he's heroic, he'll wait it out, Bo will eventually come back to him after. (Why do I see this as a parallel between a guy who is waiting for his experimenting ex-girlfriend to jump back on the penis train? - and the penis train will be him, not any other guy, him, cause he's oh so awesome.)

Kitsune

• Succubus-in-training
  • 私は狐です
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 12:07:33 AM »
Cos the white straight male can do no wrong? Even though he did something wrong, it's right anyway? 

Once again, they show us Dyson & Trick making plans to hide things from Bo again. Once again, they show us all the ladies stay put bcos Dyson says so.

Female empowerment show? I think not. *smh*

p/s: I guess I'll be shaking my head more in the next eppy. Apparently, Dyson is gonna throw himself in front of anything to save Bo... I wonder Bo is gonna swoon at his heroic manliness...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 12:11:55 AM by Kitsune »

Isotopes12

• Succubus-in-training
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 12:08:59 AM »
Guys! This was THE BEST EPISODE of Lost Dyson EVER!!!!!!  He has all these women in this show well-trained to do what he tells them to do.  He's so dreamy.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 12:10:30 AM by Isotopes12 »

Baby Doc

• Succubus
  • Wandering
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 12:12:10 AM »

Seriously, well Dybots should LOVE this episode. Goes nowhere, Dyson gets to be the hero. Lauren stays put cause Dyson told her to do so, he'll save Bo, he'll take care of her, he'll keep her safe, he loves her more than Lauren, but it's okay - cause he's heroic, he'll wait it out, Bo will eventually come back to him after. (Why do I see this as a parallel between a guy who is waiting for his experimenting ex-girlfriend to jump back on the penis train? - and the penis train will be him, not any other guy, him, cause he's oh so awesome.)

That's probably why there was a train in this episode.
“Before you act, listen.  / Before you react, think. / Before you spend, earn. / Before you criticize, wait. / Before you pray, forgive. / Before you quit, try.”  -William Arthur Ward

Kitsune

• Succubus-in-training
  • 私は狐です
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 12:12:51 AM »
Guys! This was THE BEST EPISODE of Lost Dyson EVER!!!!!!  He has all these women in this show well-trained to do what he tells them to do.  He's so dreamy.

Sarcastic much, Isotopes12?  :(lol)

swarm00

• Succubus
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 12:12:58 AM »

Let's petition for the show's name to be changed to Lost Dyson! Or Lost Wolf! Lost Boy...no Lost Man!

Kitsune

• Succubus-in-training
  • 私は狐です
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 12:13:55 AM »

That's probably why there was a train in this episode.

It's a train wreck. Penis train = train wreck.
Credit to Bo though, she did jump off that train. ;D