Author Topic: All things season 4... spoilers, etc etc :)  (Read 42885 times)

Medusa

• Succubus-in-training
Re: All things season 4... spoilers, etc etc :)
« Reply #555 on: May 29, 2013, 09:04:16 AM »

Tamsin is going to kill the show - she is the Scrappy Doo of Lost Girl.  No one wanted her or asked for her (Dyson fans don't like her either) and all she does is steal from other established organically evolved characters.

At this rate, S4 will be the swan song of Lost Girl because it is forgetting what made it popular in the first place.

i agree that scrappy doo is...well, no need to say anything. but tamsin is ok. it's not bad we see her past, they show us who is she, we'll know stuff about her. they've done that with the main characters except kenzi. maybe that surprise us more since her moral is changing. how's the flashbacks about her? i mean, just a bit of her past is harmless

Valksy

• The Blood King
  • Question everything.
« Reply #556 on: May 29, 2013, 10:10:37 AM »

I disagree that it is harmless, as the lesbian character - with all that goes with that - is sidelined to accommodate Tamsin's crap.

And I also disagree that the others have anything like a function backstory.  As far as we know Kenzi is both an abused teen runaway AND it wasn't so bad after all really, in fact she still sees her family.

Which is it?  I don't know, do you?

And Lauren's "backstory" is a joke.

We know practically nothing about Dyson either - we saw Tamsin assigned to the police as "punishment".  What about Dyson?  What placed him there, given that it can only ever be a temporary placement since people will notice he doesn't age.  Where else has he been for 1500 years?

And Bo herself - those ten missing years?  What the hell was she up to?  She was killing?  Who?  What informed that?  How did she reconcile that.  I don't know, do you?

RH

• Succubus-in-training
« Reply #557 on: May 29, 2013, 11:24:57 AM »

Tamsin is going to kill the show - she is the Scrappy Doo of Lost Girl.  No one wanted her or asked for her (Dyson fans don't like her either) and all she does is steal from other established organically evolved characters.

At this rate, S4 will be the swan song of Lost Girl because it is forgetting what made it popular in the first place.

i agree that scrappy doo is...well, no need to say anything. but tamsin is ok. it's not bad we see her past, they show us who is she, we'll know stuff about her. they've done that with the main characters except kenzi. maybe that surprise us more since her moral is changing. how's the flashbacks about her? i mean, just a bit of her past is harmless
[/quote
The thing is though we actually dont have any backstory on the other characters. Just saying Lauren isnt Lauren isnt backstory, saying Kenzi had a rough life & leaving it at that isnt backstory, mentioning Bos killing spree years but never going there isnt backstory. Dyson is the only charcater with a little bit of backstory at all

nic

• Succubus
« Reply #558 on: May 29, 2013, 01:04:00 PM »
So for TPTB Tamsin backstory is worth showing on screen, not just be talk about.

Noted.

nic

• Succubus
« Reply #559 on: May 29, 2013, 03:18:55 PM »
This may sound weird but is everybody all right?  Seeing a long time member remove a post doesn't happen often...

kedrie

• The Blood King
  • Torment-- I haz your #.
    • Skyfyreit
« Reply #560 on: May 29, 2013, 08:15:50 PM »
Oh everything is fine nic-- I just realized I might not be able to do the whole post in one night and felt yanking the yak about it was faster/easier.  I had to play plumber today and do a bunch of valve stem replacements//tub surround fixes.   8)

lots of thoughts... need time for processing.

Anyway Cookies!

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”  ― Lao Tzu

The Uncanny

• Insatiably Curious Human Dr.
  • The shorter the lifespan, the deeper the quicksand
« Reply #561 on: May 29, 2013, 08:32:26 PM »

nic

• Succubus
« Reply #562 on: May 29, 2013, 08:55:28 PM »
Oh everything is fine nic-- I just realized I might not be able to do the whole post in one night and felt yanking the yak about it was faster/easier.  I had to play plumber today and do a bunch of valve stem replacements//tub surround fixes.   8)

lots of thoughts... need time for processing.

Anyway Cookies!

Glad to know everything is OK and Dark!Kedrie or Valkeries have nothing to do with this :)

As always looking forward for your thoughts.

And thank you for sharing the cookies!

brashsculptor

• Succubus-in-training
  • Hi! What's your safeword?
    • My DA page of props
« Reply #563 on: May 29, 2013, 09:31:15 PM »
STOP with the awesome cookies!! I can't get any work done.
I feel like a cat and you guys have laser pointers!
I am in the middle of working and then...cookie...and then...what was I doing?  :(wacko)
I don't have an accent; I'm from England. This is just how words sound when they're pronounced properly.

The Uncanny

« Reply #564 on: May 29, 2013, 09:34:29 PM »
STOP with the awesome cookies!! I can't get any work done.
I feel like a cat and you guys have laser pointers!
I am in the middle of working and then...cookie...and then...what was I doing?  :(wacko)

::)

brashsculptor

• Succubus-in-training
    • My DA page of props
« Reply #565 on: May 29, 2013, 09:35:45 PM »
Keep it up Uncanny...and I will make you go on a date with me!!!
I don't have an accent; I'm from England. This is just how words sound when they're pronounced properly.

nic

• Succubus
« Reply #566 on: May 29, 2013, 09:41:56 PM »
brashsculptor take a number. >:D

brashsculptor

• Succubus-in-training
    • My DA page of props
« Reply #567 on: May 29, 2013, 09:45:59 PM »
Naughty nic! I might not buy you that pint after all!  :(lol)

The Uncanny

« Reply #568 on: May 29, 2013, 10:55:39 PM »
Keep it up Uncanny...and I will make you go on a date with me!!!

*sigh*

That's what all the girls say...  :(blush)

kedrie

• The Blood King
  • Torment-- I haz your #.
    • Skyfyreit
« Reply #569 on: May 30, 2013, 12:30:00 AM »
Because...biology should dictate love.  Thanks for reiterating it RS....  cig.

As seen from NoWhiteNoise Interview with Rachel S.

http://nowhitenoise.com/2013/05/lost-girl-rachel-skarsten-interview-season-4/

MM: Team Dyson or Team Lauren? Or perhaps Team Tamsin?

RS: Team Dyson.

MM: Look at you!

RS: Oh, my gosh. I’m just going to get roasted for this one.

MM: All the angry Doccubus fans are going to be like “WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?”

RS: I know! So bad. Oh, my goodness. I’m just asking for it. I should have just said, “No comment.” But yeah, I think Team Dyson. And I say that because he’s Fae, and I think that ultimately, such as in life, one should probably choose [someone with whom they won't have pre-existing, inherit problems] because marriage is hard enough [Laughs.]

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”  ― Lao Tzu