Quick Recap of Tonight’s Episode (2.21)
Below is a quick recap of the Doccubus storyline in tonight’s episode (under the cut for those who want to avoid spoilers). Click on “read more” for the details. Join the episode discussion on our forum!
- The gang (minus Dyson) is attending Ciara’s funeral at the Dal. Bo asks Lauren when’s the last time she saw her own bed. Lauren says she will sleep when she can figure out how to stabilize Lachlan’s venom.
- Dyson shows up at the Dal to mourn Ciara. He heads to the bar. Lauren approaches him and treats Dyson to a drink. Lauren tells Dyson that he doesn’t have to pretend with her, that “it’s not weak to let it out – it’s human”. Lauren catches herself and explains that she meant that it takes strength to express his pain so that he can go on. Dyson is sorry about Nadia.
- At the Ash’s compound, Lauren and Bo show up for Lachlan’s service. Bo remarks that there aren’t a lot of people, and Lauren replies that Lachlan wasn’t very well known or very liked.
- Later, Lauren is doing research at home when Bo knocks on her open door before walking in. Lauren sees that Bo is scratched up and asks in concern what happened and who did this to her.
- Bo explains that it’s the Redcaps. She continues, “I need…” and Lauren eagerly adds , “To heal, yes, of course.” and starts unbuttoning her shirt. Bo replies, “No.. no… I was going to say an aspirin”. Lauren quickly composes herself and goes to her desk to grab some medical supplies. Bo tells her it’s not that bad. Lauren replies that she’s not thinking clearly; she is stressed about the venom. She has tried every anti-coagulant known to man and Fae and still hasn’t had any luck. Lauren apologizes for complaining to Bo about being stressed. Bo says that it’s okay and that she likes it. It makes her forget what is waiting for them out there.
- Lauren asks Bo if she remembers what happened when The Lich forced Bo to feed off of her. Bo remembers that she sucked the chi out of the entire roomful of people. Lauren says that that scared the hell out of her. It scared Bo, too. Bo isn’t sure how she did it or what triggered her rage.
- Lauren has a hypothesis. She thinks it’s because of what they feel for each other.
- Bo tells Lauren that she takes her breath away. They move toward each other, their lips barely brushing. (Edited to add: Upon further viewing, I don’t think their lips actually touched although they were mere millimetres apart. The UST!!). Lauren whispers, “Breathless.” Bo replies, “Completely”. Lauren suddenly realizes the venom is only de-oxygenated when it is in stasis. Lauren quickly moves back to her desk to her research work. Bo looks bereft and says that she’s glad to be of help. Lauren looks up at Bo meaningfully and tells her that she’ll see her soon, and Bo responds the same.
- The gang has gathered at the Dal. Bo introduces Vex as their new team member. Bo declares herself the champion and wants everyone to be on board because she cannot do it alone. She needs all of them. Dyson tells her that he is with her ’til the end. Lauren adds that they all are.
- Back at the crack shack, Kenzi and Bo are drinking cheap/fake champagne. Kenzi says that if it is the Fae-pocalypse, Bo should go be with her girl, that she shouldn’t be alone. Bo replies that she’s not alone because she’s with Kenzi.