It’s fair to say that ever since the start of the series, Kenzi and Lauren’s relationship has been frosty at best, and Kenzi is never short of things to say when it comes to the good doctor. Some of her comments have been memorable, some downright infuriating, some unexpectedly sensible, but we can be sure that they’ll always be colourful. This week, we’ve chosen the top 5 Kenzi quotes with regard to Lauren. Click on “read more” for the entire list.
1. “…And second, honestly, you can’t have Dyson and chase after Dr. Hotpants anymore. Time to pick a team, dude.” (1.08)
No other sentence coming out of Kenzi’s mouth even comes close to making as big of an impact on the fanbase as this one. In short, it forever christened Lauren/Zoie as “Hotpants”. So much so that Anna jokingly called Zoie “Dr. Hotpants” on set.
2. “I can’t believe I’m about to say this, um, but..I think you should give her a chance to explain. Maybe she has her reasons, you know?” (2.06)
We like this newfound maturity in Kenzi. It also feels like she’s channeling Doccubus fans. Kenzi wants the best for Bo, and she can see that no matter what her personal feelings are toward the good doctor, she knows that Lauren is important to Bo.
3. “Wait! What if it’s a booby trap? Payback for rejecting Lauren’s hot, hot lady love, huh?” (1.13)
Leave it to Kenzi to question Lauren’s good intentions even in a dire situation such as this. Still, we can’t help but giggle at the way Kenzi put it.
4. “Oh my god, don’t get me started on that girl. I mean, how could you be so cold and frigid? She’s like a freakin’ speculum.” (1.04)
It looks more like Kenzi is the cold and frigid one here. Not sure what she has against Lauren at this point since she has done nothing but help Bo control her powers. Perhaps it’s just a clash of personalities, or perhaps a tinge of jealousy.
5. “Look, I know you and the good doctor have some stuff to figure out, minus this gorgeous, but unnecessary, third wheel.” (2.03)
Finally, Kenzi is warming up to Lauren a little after not being her biggest supporter in the first season. We all like this self-aware version of Kenzi, who sees herself, as we do, that she’d be the third wheel in that conversation.